Out of the seven billion people in the world, more than four billion do not have internet. In Nigeria, the percentage is about 60%. What this means that there is still a lot of untapped opportunities and market for those who want to launch a tech startup. For me i believe its the best time to launch and send your product for customers to use and help you build better products. However, this suggestions should not just be based on opinion but facts, that is why we dug out some supporting insights to help you in making a decision on the areas to delve into.
- Machine learning shows the most immediate promise; it has the capacity to enhance a wide array of applications, particularly those involving classification, prediction, anomaly detection, and personalization.
- Blockchain the foundation for the digital currency bitcoin. A distributed database of transaction blocks, blockchain allows participants in a network to share a digital ledger, yet prevents them from tampering with any of the transaction records.
- Digitization of the enterprise is also opening up whole new markets, creating ecosystems that often extend across multiple sectors. Connected and autonomous vehicles, e-medicine, fintech, e-tail, and smart cities are all enabled by connectivity, growth in storage and bandwidth, advances in cognitive technologies, and increasingly sophisticated data analytics. They are spawning a myriad of new products and services that will continue to excite and astonish us. The Internet of Things (IoT) has also only just begun to reveal its promise.
- Cloud adoption and more “anything as a service” offerings that allow usage-based consumption are likely to emerge. This development will give small-to-medium sized enterprises access to sophisticated capabilities once only available to huge multinationals, increasing demand and creating a virtuous cycle for more products and services.
- Cyber Security products and services are another area with a bright future.